The Digital Accessibility Workshop Series will introduce faculty and course designers to the fundamental principles of inclusive design and equip them with the skills necessary to ensure accessible course content and delivery. Participants will learn how to make existing content accessible and will explore strategies for building accessible materials in a variety of content authoring applications.
Part 1: Improving the Accessibility of Your Blackboard Course
- Recognize inaccessible course components.
- Build accessible tests and quizzes.
- Write prompts that facilitate accessible discussions.
- Select accessible resources.
- Identify methods for making Blackboard course content accessible.
- Identify methods for making Zoom and Blackboard Collaborate accessible.
Part 2: Creating Accessible Media
- Locate accessibility resources on the UA campus.
- Identify methods for making accessible media for your courses.
Part 3: Creating Accessible Documents and Resources
- Identify methods for authoring accessible documents.
- Practice strategies for remediating documents and resources to ensure accessibility.
Digital Accessibility Series Part 1: Improving the Accessibility of Your Blackboard Course
Digital Accessibility Series Part 2: Creating Accessible Media
Digital Accessibility Series Part 3: Creating Accessibility Documents and Resources