This workshop will focus on the identification and implementation of strategies to improve the accessibility, usability, and quality of your Blackboard course.
The goal of the workshop is to examine the accessibility of your own Blackboard course and make improvements based on best practices of digital accessibility.
By the end of this workshop, the participant will be able to:
- Recognize inaccessible course components.
- Build accessible tests and quizzes.
- Write prompts that facilitate accessible discussions.
- Select accessible resources.
- Identify methods for making Blackboard course content accessible.
- Identify methods for making Zoom and Blackboard Collaborate accessible.
This hands-on workshop is facilitated face-to-face and includes both direct instruction and time for participants to make accessibility improvements in their own Blackboard course. Virtual sessions may be available.
90 minutes in workshop, variable preparation time
Expectations and Participation
Participants are expected to:
- Arrive prepared to participate
- Actively engage in workshop activities
- Participate in workshop discussions
This workshop counts toward the requirements of the Digital Accessibility digital credential. Active participation is required to earn credit toward your badge. Confirmation of your participation is at the discretion of the facilitator.
Kristin Juhrs, Senior Accessibility Instructional Designer
Participants should arrive with a Blackboard course or sandbox and a variety of content such as quiz questions, discussion prompts, and lecture materials. Please be sure you know your Blackboard login credentials before arrival.
UA Online Technical Support – firstname.lastname@example.org, 866-205-1011