Quality Matters Standard 7
Specific Review Standards
7.1 The course instructions articulate or link to a clear description of the technical support offered and how to obtain it.
7.2 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s accessibility policies and services.
7.3 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s academic support services and resources that can help learners succeed in the course.
7.4 Course instructions articulate or link to the institution’s student services and resources that can help learners succeed.
- Provide a link and information about The University of Alabama Online Technical Support for Blackboard help.
- Include a link to the Office of Disability Services in the course and in the syllabus.
- Include links to relevant Academic Support resources, such as the Capstone Center for Student Success.
- Provide links to relevant student services and resources.
- Provide other resources and supports that are appropriate for the discipline/course, such as specific college/program student services department or external links.
Now you’ll want to be sure your course reflects good accessibility and usability practices. Visit Course Quality Checklist and Toolkit 8 – Accessibility and Usability to find out how.
See our other Course Quality Checklists for more information:
- Standard 1 – Course Overview and Introduction
- Standard 2 – Learning Objectives (Competencies)
- Standard 3 – Assessment and Measurement
- Standard 4 – Instructional Materials
- Standard 5 – Learning Activities and Learner Interaction
- Standard 6 – Course Technology
- Standard 8 – Accessibility and Usability
The University of Alabama College of Continuing Studies | Adapted from Northern Illinois University Center for Innovative Teaching and Learning 6/27/2020 | © 2014 New Mexico State University Board of Regents | Quality Matters https://www.qmprogram.org | Revised 4/14/2021