The Course Review Process
A QM-Managed Official Course Review includes the following steps:
- Course Review Application
- Includes identification of the organization’s contact person (QMC), course contact (Course Representative), type of review, and basic course information.
- QM staff identifies possible review team members.
*Course Representative is notified via email when application is approved and Course Worksheet is available in the system for completion.
- After QM staff adds the review team, each member has access to the course worksheet and their individual reviewer worksheets.
- Once review is opened, the Team Chair sends an introduction email, which also requests course access and scheduling of the Pre-Review call.
- Pre-Review call allows the instructor to “meet” the Course Review Team and answer any questions before they start their review.
- Review team reviews Course Worksheet and log in to the course to see if they have any questions prior to phone call.
- Following the Pre-Review call, the Review Team uses the Course Review Management System to complete their independent reviews.
- At the conclusion of the independent review, the Review Team conducts a Post-Review call to discuss the review and any standards that are not met. (Course Representative is not included in this call.)
- Each reviewer submits their Reviewer Worksheet.
- Chair submits the Final Report with aggregate findings.
- If course does not meet QM Standards, you can submit an amended course within 14 weeks of the date the Final Report was submitted.
- The Chair will review the amendments and confirm if the course meets QM Review Standards.
*Note: A single person can play multiple roles, e.g. both Subject Matter Expert and Master Reviewer. The Review Team must have specified number of members based on review type.
QM Certified Courses at The University of Alabama
View our complete list of QM Certified Courses to see if your UA Online course is certified.